The perfect Summer strawberry Brinza Feta salad dish that is simple and lovely. Fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar, feta cheese, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and arugula greens are combined with a naturally sweet vinaigrette.
For the dressing
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the salad
- 4 cups roquette or baby spinach leaves or a 50/50 mixture
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves (tender stems are okay) or basil leaves
- 2 cups of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks, or 3 baby Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes (any color), sliced in half
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 120g crumbled Brinza Feta cheese
Prepare the dressing:
Blend or pulse all the ingredients in a small food processor until they are creamy and smooth. Up to five days, the dressing can be kept in the fridge.
Build the salad.
Put the salad leaves in a sizeable serving dish or salad bowl. Add the other ingredients on top and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the dressing over everything. Together, gently toss. Add more dressing to the side and serve.
Tips & Tricks:
Make the dressing up to 5 days in advance and store it in the fridge in a covered container (a glass jar works great). Shake it to combine before putting salad dressing on it.
Dress the salad just before serving to achieve the nicest texture without wilting the greens.